Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] preparing for an art show

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2008 - 13:13:40 PDT

        RE: archival tape--When I got it, it came from Utrecht. Sometimes it
is in stock, but when not, it can be special ordered. This is a
specific brand, so I don't know who would have the best price. Here
are the particulars for your search:

Self-Adhesive Linen Hinging Tape {Archival Quality}
Item L533-1015 1-1/4" x 400"
Lineco inc.

I will add that Lineco makes another tape that is very good for
hinging light or translucent art:

Self-Adhesive Hinging Tissue {Archival Quality}
Item L533-0125 1" x 400"

Here is the company website:

As to your other questions, I can't give any advice. I haven't shown
my work in decades. But I have been building up a repertoire of new
works since I retired and started taking classes again in printmaking
at OSU. Many thanks to Jeannie, Jerry and others who may contribute
tips for the valuable information you are posting!

                                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                                Art teacher, K-5, retired since 2002

> Ann,
> where is the best place to get the archival tape for a good price?
> Also, what would be a reasonable number of pieces to expect to take
> to something like this? It's the University of Toledo's Art on the
> Mall, an annual event hosted by the alumni association (if that
> helps at all to envision the type of event!). How much should I
> expect to spend in "up front" costs such as packaging etc.?
> Thanks!!
> -Lydia in Toledo
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Heineman" <

To unsubscribe go to