Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] computer question

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 06:22:11 PDT

I own an iMac, which I run paralell with Windows. I allocated much less hard drive space to the Windows side, and saved the mac side for memory intensive functions such as video and graphics programs. I like the Windows side, mostly because I am a veteran user of CorelDraw, which only works with Windows, along with my preference for the Windows versions of Microsoft Word, among other things. I use the mac side for Adobe CS3, which requires a tad more memory than Corel products. This combination has worked out well for me, as I do freelance advertising design and photoshopping for clients in my free time, now that I am retired. I prefer Corel for design and layout, Mac for artwork and photography. I also use the Mac side to print glicees of my watercolors, because I like the precise nature of Illustrator for this purpose.

One thing I have noticed is that the Mac side of this machine is extremely stable, with virtually no problems normally associated with Windows computers. I would install Windows XP professional rather than Vista. If you can get a Mac through school, get it! Education discounts are available through Apple for any of their line, so take advantage of it while you can. You won't regret it.

To unsubscribe go to