Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 04, 2008

From: Kerry Marquis (kmartist1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2008 - 12:48:02 PDT

Hi Joanna,

You might introduce the students to the Theories of
Art in a simple way and do the 4 steps of Art
Criticism with them on some famous drawing and move
over into discussions of their own in that way. I have
a PowerPoint on the Theories of Art up at
and an online activity on art criticism on the same

Have fun,
Kerry Marquis

> Subject: Critiques
> From: Joanna W. <>
> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:40:17 -0600
> Does anyone have any good suggestions for quesitons
> to ask during a
> critique that will get the students beyond "I like
> it" - "it's good."
> and will teach them something about design? This is
> for my college
> level Drawing 1 class.
> Thanks,
> Joanna