Re: [teacherartexchange] Cameras

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 08:31:17 PDT

I like the Canon Powershot S5 IS.

It has plenty zoom, fast shutter action, makes great video. The macro setting works fine to copy slides onto digital. Bulky, but less bulky than an SLR. Has a neck strap, so students can use it without trashing it. Uses rechargeable AA batteries that are widely available and inexpensive.

HINT: I find that it is helpful to recharge the batteries if they have not been charged lately.

Marvin