Re: [teacherartexchange] Artist Research-photography

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 11:37:04 PDT

During my photography unit I teach about 6 or 7
different photographers, Adams, Stieichen, Stiglitz,
lange, Cartier-Bresson. I use a group method where I
divide the students. Each group is assigned one
photographer. I have a large photography book(from the
library, I paperclip inappropriate photos together) of
each artist and a facts sheet about their life. They
have to answer specific questions about their
photographer and pick 2 favorite photos to share with
the class. Questions such as influences, where born,
went to college, type of genre, and names of two key
photos. Then each group presents to the class and the
other students have to fill out the grid for each
photographer. I point out what makes the photo art-
elements principles of design, etc. If you want the
worksheet I use I can scan it to you.
Trish

Trish Ackerman
Core Knowledge Charter School