Re: [teacherartexchange] Artist Research

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 10:33:04 PDT

How will he know if he is unique unless he knows what
is out there?That is like not reading a book if you
are a writer because you want to write your own unique
story! He is unique by design. Saying the temptation
is too great to copy them sounds like an attempt to
sound intelligent while giving lame excuses not to
become educated in his field. Every professional in
every field should know the history of their
profession. It should be inspiring and will give
depth, insight, meaning, and in times of slow
motivation a place to go to refuel and seek help.