[teacherartexchange] Artist Research

---------

From: Susan Brown (chssue_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 08:04:35 PDT

After messaging a student and asking, "who are your
favorite photographers", I received a the following
responce: "Only photographer I know by name is Ansel
Adams. I try not to look at pro's, the temtation is to
great to coppy them. This way I think I will develope
my own unique style."

It's a statement I have heard many times in many
different ways. When I respond to this student, I'd
like to have an intelligent justification for the
importance of artist research. I was curious to know
how other teachers responded to similar statements
made by students.

Thanks,
Susan Brown