[teacherartexchange] Good Ceramic Workshops?

---------

From: Jane (janealt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 18:59:11 PDT

In one of the most exciting turn of events of my life, I am buying a whole
ceramics studio from a guy who is moving! This includes a Skutt KM-1027
kiln, a Brent CXC Wheel, Slab Roller - North Star, a Giffin Grip, a SB-2
Spray Booth, lots of chemicals, lots of glazes, etc, etc, etc.

I consider myself a basic potter - even though I was a scultpure major in
college, I mostly made things to cast, or left whatever I made unglazed. I'd
like to find a really good week-long workshop where I can learn how to use
all this stuff well, mix glazes, etc. I have a compressor, but what type of
airbrush do you use for glazes? Anyone have any suggestions?

I know I'll also need some sort of table, a rolling shelf, plumbing of
course - a really really big sink, a wedging table, stool for wheel - what
else? Any suggestions for any of these things. The guy also included a
beautiful and very delicate scale for measuring chemicals and a box full of
Ceramics magazines.

So - workshop suggestions (I'll travel anywhere) and product suggestions.
Anyone? Jane