Re: [teacherartexchange] Julian Beever -- Sidewalk Chalk Artist

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 16:16:25 PDT

Actually, the bottom of the raft wasn't chalked, so you had to
carefully step over the chalk (or in my kids' cases, be lifted over)
and sit "in" the raft. No sealer! In fact, the volunteers at the
festival had to attend a special training to learn how to carefully
cover and uncover the art in case of rain!

Oddly, the drawing really looks best when photographed. And I wish I
had photographed it from the "wrong" side -- it looks really weird! I
had my whole family there and my two littlest kids had had enough of
the art festival by the time we got there, and I was in a hurry. Such
is the life of a Mommy... *sigh*

Becky