[teacherartexchange] David Macaulay: The Art of Drawing Architecture (exhibit)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 07:14:45 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am sure many of you have used David Macaulay's books with your
architecture units.

This exhibit is featured in New York Times - nice slide show.
David Macaulay: The Art of Drawing Architecture
Architecture, Taken Apart With Pen and Ink
By JEREMY KAHN
Published: June 23, 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/arts/design/23draw.html?_r=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin
http://DavidMacaulay.notlong.com
You will have to subscribe to read the article and see the images.

From the National Building Museum site:
"David Macaulay: The Art of Drawing Architecture focuses on the
artist's use of drawing to research historic buildings, to render
architecture from engaging perspectives, to reveal underlying
structures, and to critique and redesign, in a playful manner, the
contemporary landscape of American architecture."

Link to National Building Museum:
http://www.nbm.org/Exhibits/current/macaulay/index.htm
Biography and bibliography
http://www.nbm.org/Exhibits/current/macaulay/pdf/bio_bibliography.pdf

"David Macaulay: The Art of Drawing Architecture" opens today (June
23) and continues through Jan. 21 at the National Building Museum, 401
F Street NW, Washington DC.

More Art News:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

More David Macaulay:
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/authors/macaulay/
Building Big:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/
Links for Lesson Plans (some of these may be broken - I did not check them):
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/macaulay.htm

Regards,

Judy Decker