Re: [teacherartexchange] Does anyone know the best way to paint plaster?

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 19:09:51 PDT

watercolor, even when still damp, like fresco. I have
a plaster sculpture from college (1980) that still has
its color. (an unmade bed, actually). No need to
varnish. my old college prof soaked his in milk then
left them outside to dry. It left a finish kind of
like alabaster. He said it was an old technique.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator
Cushing Oklahoma