Re: [teacherartexchange] interview question

---------

holland.su_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 00:49:03 PDT

I think print-outs or photos would be good. Lesson plans that go with
the art examples could be useful to hand to the interviewers.
I was involved in interviewing a couple of art teacher candidates in
the spring. The art coordinator sent a list of sample questions to
the principal and I was there to sort of help the principal
understand the questions and the answers.
I remember some of the questions . . . Which artist or artist would
you use in a lesson on abstract art? What should a 5th grader know
about and be able to do with ceramic clay? How would you teach figure
drawing? Describe a printmaking unit for kindergarten students?
Describe an interdisciplinary lesson. What is your grading policy
and how do you evaluate students' learning? And there was a big old
"describe your philosophy of art education" question.

General advice: be on time and be positive!