RE: [teacherartexchange] NAEA( teacherartexchange digest: June 16, 2007)

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 15:53:31 PDT

Re: NAEA publications:

I have never regarded any of the publications as "rules" or "guidelines" but
"theories". And like all theories, some have application and others don't. I
read them all, they are food for thought, and agree with some, find others
not applicable. I understand the need to publish attached with our
professional organization, and the publications should not be "how to
primers" but more about ideas and contemporary research in art education.
This list, our local associations and other books like those from Helen Hume
provide the hands on information that we, in the classroom, can actually
use.

As for swapping with an art education professional (Professor) at a
university, count me out. I have honed what I do to a fine art, and wouldn't
want to start from scratch. When I retire in 2 years, I plan to become a
weaver, not a college professor. Of course I offer mentoring services to
anyone who is yearning to teach on the high school level ;-)

San D