Re: [teacherartexchange] OT - Planning a Vacation

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 14:45:13 PDT

I love Seattle. I have happily spent days wandering
downtown Seattle alone while my hostess was at work.
Very friendly people, free bus service downtown, and
the Japanese grocery that is a full city block has a
gift shop and bookstore you can easily kill an
afternoon in (as well as several places to eat). Mario
Batali's dad's lunch place Salumi, Pike Place market,
the Art museum, its just a great great city. The
outdoor Bonsai museum is worth a very short road trip
south, breathtaking stuff, as is the Skagit valley in
the other direction.

OK, I suggested Austin, but if you are in Kansas, you
can get there any time. I change my vote to Seattle.
Or DC/Boston. Or Santa Fe. You know what? You really
don't have a bad choice!!!! You are going to have a
wonderful time wherever you go.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator