Re: [teacherartexchange] contests in general want art teacher's opinions

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 08:20:15 PDT

Hi Christine,

I thought it would be a good discussion for art
teachers to answer this question.

There are many different considerations that maybe
NAEA has not considered. The "real" picture is often
found straight from the mouths of art teachers. NAEA
may advocate for a particular philosophy, and I am
looking for what art teachers think. In addition,
NAEA only speaks for about 30% of art teachers in this
country. Also, I have often found that NAEA may not
even truly represent the real world positions of art
teachers.

Diane