Re: [teacherartexchange] contests in general --- NAEA Advisory PDF

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 07:17:18 PDT

Christine,

The NAEA advisory is well written. We had a case where the district wide curriculum director allowed the local chamber of commerce to distribute a coloring contest sheet to all third graders. No art teacher in the system was consulted. When I asked our curriculum director why he had not checked with his art teachers, he asked me if there was something wrong with that Easter Bunny. Perhaps the curriculum supervisors (most of whom do not have any preparation in art education) need to be alerted by an art teacher about the NAEA advisory.

Marvin