Re: [teacherartexchange] Teaching Not To Plagiarize

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 06:32:10 PDT

Diane,

Thanks for this illuminating perspective on copywork. I am always amazed by how well kids draw when I bring in live animals. The children have great fun and they ooze motivation to do well. Photos are dead ducks compared to live models. If kids do not understand the difference, have them try drawing some gestural lines based on the unique dance motion of the head of a walking chicken while observing a chicken photo. It is a great warm-up to mimic (act out) and delineate the unique walking motions of a live chicken, duck, or other creature (at various speeds).

Marvin