RE: [teacherartexchange] contests in general

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 13:43:51 PDT

On the high school level, when I get contest information, I post it, but do
not assign it. I think students have the 'right' to decide if it is
something they would like to pursue on their own, as a precursor to becoming
a commercial artist. Most do not take the extra time to do the contests. My
curriculum does not cover contests, so it would have to be a self motivated
activity. We do get 'involved' with our local Teen Arts Festivals, and State
Festivals, which ask for work to be submitted, and eventually will be
critiqued and judged, but as a department we do not get involved with
'contests' that are usually asking for something specific.

San D

Hi All,

What are your opinions about contests in general?

What are the pros and cons?

Diane