[teacherartexchange] more ideas for summer programs

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 03:12:08 PDT

First I want to say today's digest was the liveliest series of posts in a
while.

In the middle of it I remembered an open ended wire problem that I used to
offer to elementary kids. "Insides and Outsides" The idea was to create
wire ( we were using the colored wire that is easy to form). Students could
make free standing or suspended as a mobile. The insides were the "guts or
the stuff" what exactly is inside of us? The art problem came from a
request to merge science and art. (this was done about 15 years ago) I
had a chart of the inner workings of the body in the same room. They were
delightful and very engaging to make.

Randy in Main