Re: [teacherartexchange] summer school ideas

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 18:09:43 PDT

My most successful art camp project (still going) this
year was also the most successful school project of
the year --- electrical wire armatures bent into
whatever creature they want (art camp is 2nd graders,
so they wrote or drew what they wanted and I did the
wire part for them), then newspaper and masking tape
on top and then...in the case of this
summer....plaster gauze on top...then paint, then
orange juice can lids for shields, etc... if
necessary......

This came about via a short demo on proportions of the
human/animal. It is AMAZING to me how they LOVED
this...the boys started playing with them like action
figures as SOOn as they were recognizable, so I just
went with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Knitting-Melanie-Falick/dp/1579652417