RE: [teacherartexchange] Elevating Vocabulary - continued

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 15:14:48 PDT

If your concern is teaching styles then please by all
means encourage them to define their own vocabulary.
Students who are generally underachievers are usually
bored. Reciting some one elses definition of a term
can be deadening. My position still stands so I am
surprised that you still expect someone to recite or
use a definition that you or someone else gave them to
be appropriate. They need to be engaged in looking up
the definitions from various sources and coming up
with their own definition. They should never, in my
opinion, made to do anything by rote..Would you?

Also when making a post,it would be helpful to provide
the context of the question. I saw that at least one
other person didn't understand your question either.

Diane

--- Jim Thompson <2059799952@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Diane,I agree. My concern is teaching styles
> that underestimate student
> capability, over simplifying, not encouraging
> vocabulary that demonstrates
> art knowledge on the students part.>
> > ---
> > To unsubscribe go to