Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 13, 2007

---------

From: Emily Shepardson (emily_shepardson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 11:18:05 PDT

For summer school you could have them design pirate flags. Every pirate
ship had a different flag, they weren't all skulls and crossbones; you can
find lots of examples. Have them design a unique flag of their own. They
can paint on fabric but make sure you iron some freezer paper (shiny side
down) to the back to make it stiff. When the paint is dry it can be torn
right off. You can provide home made stencils of some of the more commonly
used shapes (such as skulls) if you want. Later they can be stapled to
dowels or not. If you have extra time to kill, they can make scarves to
wear. I'm doing this project for a summer class myself.
Emily S.