Re: [teacherartexchange] summer school ideas

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 07:40:13 PDT

Yes. That IS a good book. For CRAFTS this year I taught my 7/8th graders how
to finger-weave, then make knitting needles out of dowels (sharpening in the
pencil sharpener) and magic model clay beads at the ends, weave a small
square of reg. yarn for practice, and finally we made cell phone covers out
of eyelash yarn. My best, most enthusiastic knitters?....the 7/8th grade
boys. Great presents to give.

We also made "bead trees" in CRAFTS...block of wood, drill 6/7 small holes,
make diff. kinds of beads out of model magic clay, put them on wire coiled
diff. ways, a spiral at the end of each wire, glue them into the holes and
the spiral ends make perfect holders for photos, name cards, etc.

Small string art using tagboard and embroidery thread make super pins to
wear. Have fun this summer.....Bunki