RE: [teacherartexchange] summer school ideas for the really brave

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 06:20:08 PDT

All right, if you're REALLY brave, try dyed t-shirts by hanging shirts
up on a clothesline or fence - or even on a drop cloth on the ground.
Then, fill cheap squirt guns with dye and let them go crazy on the
tshirts to be dyed. It'll take lots of self control for them. If that's
not possible, you could do only the first 'load' with dye, then go into
water so they can really get crazy, without ruining everything in sight.

Then, try small floor cloths a -la Chihuly

http://www.chihuly.com/drawings/index.html

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_fabric_floorcloths_rugs/article/0,1789,HGTV_
3249_1832468,00.html

Jan in Tampa

Hi all,

I am teaching an elementary summer school fiber arts class. Half my
sign-ups are boys (2nd grade). I was planning on covering weaving,
embroidery, knitting, macrame, and sewing. Do you have any
suggestions that might especially appeal to my boys. They will work
with most of the projects but I am trying to come up with a couple of
beefed up ideas that they might really love.

Thanks so much

Chris in Woodland Hills, CA