Re: [teacherartexchange] summer school ideas

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 17:09:38 PDT

Hi Chris,

I teach fiber arts in summer school every year to 4th through 8th graders. I always include tie dye and batik
(boys love to batik dragons etc), Coiled basketry is a big hit, sometimes I do dreamcatchers, felting also comes
to mind. I also have them tie dye pittows that they then stitch into- and even bead on. Of course there's hemp
too. Now I'm waiting to see what other people write so I can use their ideas.

Good Luck,
Gabrielle in Minnesota