Re: [teacherartexchange] summer school ideas

---------

From: Staci Jacks (staciajacks_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 14:46:54 PDT

My second grade boys loved knitting balls. Their
handwork teacher had them pearl about ten rows (about
8-10 inched each) of each color of the rainbow. She
then showed them how to do a gathering stitch around
the sides, sort of like a draw string. (I can't
remember what that stitch is called.) They pulled
together each side and stuffed them with wool or
cotton. I can forward your message to her if you need
more info'.