RE: [teacherartexchange] summer school ideas

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 13:21:39 PDT

Hi Chris,

Try this from Sharon Kennedy - I found it on IAD.
http://www.art-rageous.net/Weaving.html This project makes great "IPod
pockets" or "Game-boy pockets." Be sure to use some bright colors of
yarn.

This book has some really cute projects and includes making the knitting
needles that the kids will use for the projects.
http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Knitting-Melanie-Falick/dp/1579652417 .

Hope this helps.

Jan in Tampa

Hi all,

I am teaching an elementary summer school fiber arts class. Half my
sign-ups are boys (2nd grade). I was planning on covering weaving,
embroidery, knitting, macrame, and sewing. Do you have any
suggestions that might especially appeal to my boys. They will work
with most of the projects but I am trying to come up with a couple of
beefed up ideas that they might really love.

Thanks so much

Chris in Woodland Hills, CA 2 more days to go!