Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] question: list of "bellringers"

From: Staci Jacks (staciajacks_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 06:23:47 PDT

I'm starting a new job in the fall at a middle school.
 My principal wishes everyone to start each lesson
with "belllringers" or short activties that engage the
children as soon as they walk in the door. I am
searching for age-apprpropriate ideas that will be
meaningful without taking up too much time. I think
the classes are 50 minutes each. I'm hoping for
something that will take no longer than two mniutes,
yet can be assessed somehow!
Thanks for your suggestions!