Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] logo design tempera paintings

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 11:59:30 PDT

Featured artists: Gino Severini + Frank Stella.
Students chose a logo they had a personal connection
to and drew it 6 different ways = melting, geometric
shapes, simpified, fractured...lots of manipulation.
Some made stencils from their 6 images, others traced
and redrew to create a layered composition. Painting
reqs were to use Severini's techniques of pointillism,
gradation, color change w/overlaps and some of
Stella's hard edge style, too, with plenty of
mixing... The objective was for the one beginning
image (logo) to morph and multiply into an entirely
new thing. I've got the PPT for this one, too, if
interested! :D Wendy

To unsubscribe go to