Re: [teacherartexchange] Receiving Spam - edit your replies

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 08:29:26 PDT

Greetings Christy and all,

Yes I do get Spam as a result of being a member of this list. I have
repeatedly asked folks to edit their replies to remove the email
address of the original sender. Folks post email addresses when they
reply, and those email addresses are gathered by email bots that
search pages for the @ sign. Getty has done everything they can do to
protect our privacy by removing our own email addresses when we post.
They do not have capability to remove email addresses that get posted
to the list by other members. See how I removed your email address
below.

I cut way back on the number of posts I make.... and the amount of
Spam I receive has dropped.

Christy, if you have made posts to the list and folks replied , they
you are getting Spam from this list... I just did a Google search for
your email address... You are getting Spam as a result of your email
address being posted on the following locations:
http://www.craftsmensguild.org/media/clay.htm
http://www.nk.psu.edu/32060.htm
http://www.akac.net/artsaliveinfo.html
None of your posts to Getty list came up.... I doubt you are getting
Spam as result of this list.

Regards,

Judy Decker