Re: [teacherartexchange] chalkboards are not for oil pastel

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 10:26:40 PDT

Rebecca,

you might want to try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - I use
them for everything from stray sharpie marks on the
tables to flicks of paint on the wall from action
painting - I had used them before to get some oil
pastel off the floor - I had some kids who were
dropping their oil pastel "crumbs" and then stepping
on them which smears them all over the place and the
magic eraser worked to get them up - the only problem
I have had is that they take the wax coating off the
floor so my custodian doesn't like me using them to
get things off the floor. (Personally I fail to
understand the correlation between providing an
education and having super shiny floors, but I guess
that's just me.)

Good Luck!

Chris