Re:[teacherartexchange] art centers, class chart description...

---------

From: Robert Lane (RLANE_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 19:41:26 PDT

Hey, Robert -- how do you keep track of who's been to which center and
how many times? I've tried keeping a chart each week but it's a lot
of work going back through the charts to look for duplicate centers.

Becky

my class chart is a one-pager for each class that lasts half the year... it has names listed on the left in a column, and there are nine columns to the right of the names column... in each column space that lines up to the right of the name there is a rectangle with three squares beneath in a row... the rectangle space is where i write the center selected by the student their first time... when nine centers are completed i draw a forward slash beside their name and fill the right side of the slash... the second time they go to that same center i draw a forward slash in a square below the rectangle space with that space name and fill in the right side of the slash... most students, unless they join our school late in the year, complete their nine different centers just before christmas... after christmas break, i use new charts for the remainder of the year...
the space at the top of the columns that list centers is used to write the unit themes... hope you can visualize the class chart from my description...