RE: [teacherartexchange] Day After Bad Day / kiln

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 18:56:38 PDT

Over the past 31 years I have always fired at night. First just using the
kiln setter with cones that melted, next with the computerized timer. My
only kiln mishap story is that when I shared my kiln with another teacher,
she used the top of the kiln to dry pots, while the kiln was running. Note
to teacher: don't dry pots on the top of the kiln on wooden boards, wooden
boards burn. The smoke alerted the custodians who came running in and shut
off the kiln. No fire, school was still standing.

San D