[teacherartexchange] beauty/ugly collage

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 16:31:35 PDT

Hi all,

http://picasaweb.google.com/WandyFrames/BeautyUglyCollage
Feel like I'm catching up with sharing w/ school
wrapping up and National Boards done... another
project from Art 1. I can be fearful of collages ;
don't like just randomly cutting and gluing stuff
together. We tried to really think, plan,
conceptualize for these - the subject was
representations of beauty+ugly. An extensive plan
sheet asked students to draw AND find lines, shapes,
words, realistic pictures, imaginary... Really
emphasized composition and message, too. Wanted
viewers to discern a structure/order and message.
Kurt Schwitters and Miriam Schapiro were featured
artists. ppt available ~
Any tips on how to avoid the glare from glossy mag
pages in photos?

:D Wendy