Re:[teacherartexchange] Bad Day

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 15:28:34 PDT

Hi Sharon -

I join you in a big sigh of : URGH!!!!!

A couple of thoughts - in addition to making a commitment to get out when
you can...

I did not send supply lists home with my students for personal art
supplies - but I did ask for art room contributions - inexpensive things
that could be used by all and go along way... such as Beans - flour and
salt (for salt dough) - Colored Markers - tin foil - and so forth... I
divided the items I asked for by age group - younger kids parents tend to
buy stuff pretty willingly - the older kids parents tend to baulk a bit, as
they have more supplies needed!

Another thought might be to look around the building now - for left-behind
items - crayons, glue bottles and sticks, scissors...

and then, on a day when you have a clear head - start thinking of what
projects you can do with no budget... you might set up a box near the copy
machine - for paper too -

you mentioned a budget of 2500 - that was more than my budget for the last 5
years - so, we re nothing if we are not resourceful!

OH yeah, as much as I can't stand Wal-Mart - one of my co-workers wrote to
the local manager with request for support and got a 50.00 gift card - do
you know how many crayon boxes you can get with 50.00!

GOOD LUCK - Leah