re:[teacherartexchange] Bad Day

---------

From: Jeannie (jean1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 10:58:45 PDT

Dear Sharon,

The Philadelphia Museum of Art has a downstairs hallway gallery for
local schools. Many, many years ago they had a phenomenal show from a
high school with JUST CRAYON media. I was dumbfounded at how
wonderful, rich and painterly the work was. That is when I decided
that kids really don't need great media to create. The lack of
supplies is tough for the teacher, but can inspire you to greater
creativity (just don't tell that to your administrator).

Jeannie in Pa, K - 5, whose parents lived through the Great Depression