Re:[teacherartexchange] I need help finding a painting too

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 20:52:59 PDT

here it is: http://bama.ua.edu/~emartin/gn571/delacroix/pages/paganini.html

for those of you who got Delacroix youget 100 points!

I found it - and I realized where I saw it too. I took a few dozen kids to
the Denver Art Museum (in a snow storm) when the Phillips Collection was
there a few years ago. It was an impressive collection, it was nice to see
paintings that were familiar and well known - way out here in the wild wild
west... but, it was this painting that caught my attention the most.

It took my a while to find it again, after that trip, and when I did, I
didn't keep track of what I found - but now I have found it again.

I am seriously thinking of doing a unit where I send kids on a wild goose
chase to find a painting on the web - with only a few clues, it will help
them use web resources!

I am thinking good thoughts about teaching secondary next year - I'll have a
second interview next week - then its time to wait and see...

 -Leah (in Colorado)