Re: [teacherartexchange] Bad Day

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 09:01:42 PDT

Sharon, I haven't read the other replies yet so
apologize if my ideas are repeats - First of all, I
send all the usual sentiments - what other professions
are expected to do their jobs with no materials -

And of course there is no funding to send a letter to
parents explaining the situation.

It seems like a nice positive article about you and
your program and the challenges it faces should appear
in your local newspaper. When we had a big budget
crunch here (not as bad as yours) our local civic
groups and churches collected boxloads of basic school
supplies - I got several boxes of old computer paper -
you know the kind with holes on the side - from an
accounting firm. I don't know about your paper, but
ours is so desperate for local news they will print
anything I send them (already written with photo)

It goes without saying that you should not be put in
this situation. Keep us informed please.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator
Cushing Oklahoma