RE: [teacherartexchange] Bad Day

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 06:43:17 PDT

My honest reaction to all of these restrictions is to seriously look for a
new job. My next reaction is to do what we did at one time (many years ago)
and that was to start something like a band parents group, only it was an
art parents group. They had meetings and brainstormed as to where they could
get supplies for free (i.e. cardboard factories, matts from framing stores,
etc) and ended up being a lifeline to the art department. The group didn't
last a long time, but perhaps you could try to contact your PTA to see if
there is any interest. As for your kiln problems, if you have no money, you
probably will have no clay, so I would put that on the back burner for now,
and concentrate on trying to get public support for your program and
supplies.

San D