Re: [teacherartexchange] BAD DAY KILN

---------

holland.su_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 06:15:12 PDT

If it makes your classroom hot and smelly, then schedule field trips
on firing days? Or book the library or computer lab or outdoor
sketching for classes those days? Maybe this one is set up in a way
that won't affect your classroom after all. Have you had a chance to
fire it yet?

Maybe you could convince them not to cut your power at 11 pm. Is the
vent system wired in to that cut off? Seems like the vent needs to
run for a good 12 hours after the firing cycle ends.

On the bright side, if there's no juice without setting it up through
the custodian, you're not going to be worried about someone turning
the kiln on without your knowing about it.