Re: [teacherartexchange] I need help finding a painting too

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 11:38:45 PDT

I was looking at this painting within the last couple
of days. I think I know exactly the one, if he is
standing. I'll look tonight.

Unfortunately, I can't narrow it down here at school.
I think it is later than Velasquez. I'm thinking my
main choice is in a cook book I am reading about
VanGogh. Not by him, but perhaps an associate. A
friend recently sent me a whole box of
"artist-related" cookbooks, and it is in one of those
I think.

Anyway, it is fun to think about while cleaning my
room and dealing with an angry grandmother. -She
called me "sorry" - her granddaughter made an 89, so
(I) "ruined her record" of straight A's. Not concerned
about all the days the girl wrote notes and did her
homework instead of art of course, she was just mad
that it didn't average out to an A.

I'm always tempted to encourage them to just "pretend"
it is an A, since that's what it would be if I changed
the grade, it would be a lie, so rather than Me
pretending, they can pretend for themselves.