Re: [teacherartexchange] Calder and Junebum Park

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 19:58:58 PDT

Harold,

Just FYI there is a fantastic video clip of Alexander
Calder with his wire circus on "United Streaming"
which I thought you might be interested in. United
Streaming is an educational resource that some school
districts have access to that the art teachers might
not be aware of - they have all kinds of PBS quality
video about any subject imaginable. Under Fine Arts
there are segments on everything from Cave Art to
Picasso along with teacher's guides and Curriculum
Standards.

The format is digital video intended for a computer
and/or laptop with a digital projector, but you might
be able to save it to DVD as well, I'm just not sure.
 My district had access but it wasn't well known and I
didn't find out about it until the librarian happened
to mention it to me near the end of the school year so
I haven't done much research into how I would actually
show it in class other than making my class gather
around a lone computer screen. But all the same, it's
something worth looking into if you are interested in
showing video clips in the classroom. I believe that
they also have a trial membership if you just want to
snoop around and see what's available.

their web address is unitedstreaming.org

chris in Central Arkansas