[teacherartexchange] Easy relief printing project - great results

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 19:49:26 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a project for you to think about - relief printing plates made
from corrugated cardboard (the ridges print):
http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/ins.artdatabase/browse_search_gallery&mode=list&recordID=55857
This shorter link may work:
http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/ins.artdatabase/browse_search_gallery

There are two pages of images. Designs are geometric. Corrugated
cardboard is cut with directions of ridges changed to make the plate
and print more interesting. The examples are fourth and fifth grade.
Plates and prints are 8" square. Some examples are printed over
colored tissue paper (I am assuming) and other examples are hand
colored with markers. Click through to see examples of plates shown
with the prints. Motivation would be Op Art. Older students could make
larger plates and more complex designs.

If anyone does this lesson, send me a couple images and plan for
Incredible Art Department. I will credit Pittsfield School, Ann Arbor
as source of the idea (although I have seen this done before).

I found this site while looking for new elementary art sites to add to
Art Departments. I found a few good ones.....went through ten pages of
Google - that was enough for me (grin).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department