[teacherartexchange] America's Art - new book and web site

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 14:26:37 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Smithsonian American Art Museum has put out a new book and companion
web site - America's Art.

14. America's Art
http://americanart.si.edu/americas_art

This companion Web site to a new book of the same title from the Smithsonian
American Art Museum (SAAM) will serve many readers as well as the book
itself. While the web site lacks the large-size, printed reproductions of
artwork and introductory texts of the book, it never the less provides
reasonable screen resolution images of all of the 225 works reproduced in
the book. The web site is organized into 16 chapters, starting with "From
Distant Shores", which contains artwork documenting the immigrant
experience, and ending with "Toward the Millennium", which is artwork
created in the last 20 years of the Twentieth Century. In addition, the
America's Art Web site links into SAAM's online permanent collection. This
allows visitors to read caption information from the exhibition labels for
each work of art,....[DS]
The book/website is organized by themes - and somewhat in chronological order.
I will be linking this on my page on American Art.

This site was recommended in Scout Report (Copyright 2006). See all of
the recommended sites at:
http://scout.wisc.edu/

If you would like to receive the Scout Report every Friday go to:
http://scout.wisc.edu/About/subscribe.php
There is usually one art related site each week.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/