Re: [teacherartexchange] Tamara Hoover

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 11:00:32 PDT

mikel said: "If a teacher is expected to be more than
human soon no one will want to teach ..." and harold
said: "I could live with them holding teachers to a
"higher standard" if the same standard was used to
measure politicians, businessmen and parents."

right on!!! my students HONOR me as a teacher and
make up for the disrespect and lack of financial
compensation from others. i am still appalled and
disheartened by the way we are treated.

our state (gov. bush) mandated merit pay for teachers
and didn't fund it so districts have to pay for it.
   our district doesn't want to and has made the
"hoops" nearly impossible to jump through. we just
found out we have a new principal by reading it in the
paper! THIS is what really upsets me! nearsighted,
ignorant, unprofessional behavior! oh, and the head
of iab at the sherriff's office here who makes 100k+
just got DEMOTED for having tons of porn at work,
harassing employees, and lying about his hours. he
still has a paying job at the sherriff's office!
aarrgh!

i'm not meek, don't want to inherit the earth, just
would like more people to behave like they think
occasionally!

:P done ranting!

 wendy
www.wendypaigefree.com