Re: [teacherartexchange] "Spam" email from Greta Burman

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 09:55:02 PDT

I am the one that originally recommended MailWasher. I "bounced" all those
spam messages with great delight at the thought of returning all that
unwanted junk. What I actually ended up doing is congesting up my ISP's
server! Those spammers submit those e-mails from multiple accounts. They
don't use those accounts for anything except sending spam, and they change
them frequently. My ISP called me and asked me to not bounce e-mails
anymore, because each of those e-mails I was submitting was being sent,
re-sent, re-sent, and on and on, because it was "undeliverable". So if I was
bouncing 10 spam messages a day, each of those messages was being re-sent by
my ISP's server every 30 minutes for the next 3 days. So, if you use
MailWasher, don't use the bounce feature. You can block with no problems
though!
~Michal