[teacherartexchange] Tamara Hoover

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 08:04:10 PDT

I just had to make a comment. My comment is: Are you all mad??! She is a
public school teacher, responsible for little children. Taking nude
pictures is not the issue. Posting them on a public internet site is the
issue!! Come on people! Nude! Public! Accessable to everyone. Have we
lost all sense of moral compass? Would YOU post nude pictures of yourself
on a public website for all to see? At the very LEAST, she is an
exhibitionist. It never ceases to amaze me that people cannot think
clearly. The issue is NOT: freedom of speech, nudity as art, her right to
pubish nude photos of herself. The issue IS: A public school teacher, young
and beautiful, posting public nude pictures of herself for the world to see
and teaching young kids. PUBLIC ON A WEBSITE, NUDE. She wanted strangers
to see her naked. You do not post yourself nude on a website and then cry
foul when it gets seen by people who shouldn't see it, like little children.
  It is a moral issue. NOT THE RIGHT TO PHOTOGRAPH HERSELF, the moral issue
is being a public exhibitionist and a public school teacher at the same
time. Do I want my kids having a teacher with the total lack of common
sense, and the exhibitionist tendencies to do such a thing? No thanks. The
school did the right thing. In this atmosphere of sexual exploitation of
children, don't we need to be a lot more sensitive? Look at the previous
year and how many young female and male teachers have been arrested and
convicted of having sex with very young kids. This country is sooooooo very
screwed up.
Sincerely,
Pam Wellington
Boiling Springs High School, PA