Re: [teacherartexchange] Austin Art Teacher fired over photos

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 20:53:29 PDT

This issue was talked about pretty extensively on the
art education list. The issue developed when she and
another art teacher had an arguement over art
equipment. The other art teacher was complaining to
students and the students told her that if she really
wanted to get even with Ms. Hoover that she should
tell about the photos online.
The photos were various nude/topless casual
shots..some involving her and her girlfriend, who was
also the photographer, together. One was of them
together in the tub. They were all posted by the
girlfriend. So, the other art teacher had the students
show her the photos from her classroom computer and
then told the administration about the photos. Ms.
Hoover was removed from her classroom and told that
she was no longer an efficient teacher- despite being
recognized by the school board recently for being an
outstanding teacher.

I think that she was wrong for not thinking more
clearly about public opinion and her position as a
teacher. BUT the what is really getting me here is the
other art teacher who viewed the photos and used them
to get even -all with students involved in the
process.

i found all this out by typing in tamara hoover in
google and then following the trail from there. it is
just a sad story to me from beginning to end. - Mikel