Re:[teacherartexchange] Duhushu artist?

---------

From: Mark & Bridget Nowlin (bluetroll_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 09:30:40 PDT

Beth,

Yes! His name is Do-Ho Suh and he is a South Korean artist active in
Germany and the US. He was in the 2001 Venice Bienale representing
Korea and is in Art 21 Season 2. There was an AMAZING exhibition of
his work at the Seattle Art Museum - you can find info at
http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/exhibit/exhibitDetail.asp?
WHEN=PAST&eventID=2917
Also, there is a lot of information on him when you Google his name.
His work uses a variety of media including dog tags, small army men
(holding up a thick pierce of plexi you can walk) on, and silk, among
others.

--Bridget