Re: [teacherartexchange] More curriculum questions

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 11:29:53 PDT

Now take those projects you did last year, and add to them. When I started
out I taught the same lesson to 2 grades, then the following year I taught
that lesson to the lower grade and came up with new lessons for the older
grade. So within 2 years I had enough projects for each grade. Each year I
add new lessons to replace the ones I tire of. When I have multiple classes
in the same grade I often make minor changes between the two - ex.: one will
use tempera cakes, the other liquid tempera, just to keep it interesting to
me. I try to vary the project mediums because of storage issues - I only do
clay with one class at a time, because all clay projects are stored on my
push cart. I have one drying rack, so only one class works with wet medium
at a time. Don't be afraid to borrow ideas from other art teachers,
edit/alter/make-it-your-own. It is hard coming up with all those new
projects!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids